cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.x and Call Monitoring/Recording in CUCM 7.x

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

Is it possible for the silent monitoring/recording of line appearances (in CUCM 7.x) to operate with the UCCX CSD - i.e. have it communicate via CTI to initiate the monitoring/recording of calls by CUCM rather than the using the functionality built into UCCX. The advantage of the CUCM solution is that (R)SPAN is no longer required.

2 Replies 2

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

Which version of UCCX are you using? UCCX Version 4.x and above allow for both SPAN port and Desktop Monitoring. From the SRND: "Desktop monitoring provides a mechanism for the CAD application to obtain a copy of the RTP packet

streams directly from the phone and therefore removing the need for a Monitoring component connected

to the SPAN port on the Catalyst switch. A 7940 or above phone is required for desktop monitoring and

the agent workstation running CAD must be connected to the data port on the back of the agent phone.

The IP Communicator (softphone) also supports using desktop monitoring for silent monitoring and

recording."

Hi,

I Found this excellent doc by Walter Solano https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12335

But Im trying to confiure the Call Monitoring/recording in my UCCX 7.x. without success.

The Steps that I made:

1º Configured Span To PC port in 7961 and Disabled the G.722 Adv.

2º Enabled the Desktop Monitoring in Admin Web Page:

3º Created a workflow

4º Restarted the services:

Cisco Desktop Recording Service

Cisco Desktop VoIP Monitor Service

Cisco Desktop Recording & Statistics Service

5º Make a tests calls to my CAD

Fail: When a try to get the Recorded files:

Can anyone help me?

Leonardo Oliveira
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: