cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.1.1.23.5 REPLICATION PROBLEMS

ochalmers
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded two ACS SE to version 4.1.1.23.5 to solve this problem TACACS+ Command Accounting does not work.

they were working ok, but the replication between them started to fail.

these are the messages that i receive

ACS Primary: ACS 'backup' has denied replication request.

ACS Backup: Inbound database replication from ACS 'Primary' denied

please help i deeply appreciate..

7 Replies 7

ansalaza
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have an entry with Self - 127.0.0.1 on any of the Servers?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_tech_note09186a00808d9199.shtml#res

No, I checked the AAA Server's IP Addresses on the two servers and they've got the real ip addresses.

Any other idea??

Can you check that the secondary server does not have any replication mates? make sure nothing shows up in there, also double check the ip addresses and keys, make sure they are not under any NDG (network device group) and if they are make sure the shared key is the same.

I took off the replication partner on the secondary ACS server and the replication service works again. thanks a lot.

Excellent, please do rate useful posts.

sahmedshahcsd
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you initiate the replication process on primary ACS server in order for the secondary ACS should get replicated.

Hope this helps

Regards

Thanks for sharing this tip. I was initiating on secondary. so the bottom line is replication in ACS is is a push operation and not pull.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: