Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 - DFM integration with HP Openview

smitapande83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In case someone has worked on this, please let me know in case any specific changes have to be done at DFM end to forward traps to NNM port 162. Other than adding the NNM IP and port 162 to the SNMP trap notification section. Please guide me through this issue.

Rgds

Smita

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM can forward all traps it receives for devices it is managing to many trap receiver (NNM included). You do not need to configure DFM Notification Services for this. Simply go to DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Forwarding. Ether the IP address of the NNM server, and the trap port (e.g. 162).

Hi,

That's something still not clear for me.

You mean that, by setting (one or more) trap receivers in DFM admin, dfm will forward ALL the traps it gets from managed devices ?

Or it will forward only the "pass-through" traps (traps it's not able to manage itself)?

And, if it forwards everything, will it manage them in any case; I mean, does it forward SNMP data AFTER having analyzed them, and sent notifications when requested?

In fewer words, can DFM work normally, then forward raw data it has received from devices to other network management systems ?

Thx for your answer and the great job you perform on this forum

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card