Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology not up to date

omar.elmohri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

On CiscoView, I have a link between a router and a switch which is not updated unless both devices are well discovered.

The link still red unless it's working good.

Is there any suggestion for the reason ? or how can solve this ?

Best regards,

Omar

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on this description, this is expected. Only when the link is up/up on both sides will Campus show it as a gray line. Otherwise the link line will be red.

I think that I bad explained the problem.

The link is working perfectly! it's up/up and it's working all the time.

Unless it stills show it as a red link.

What version of Campus Manager do you have?

This is the version that I have:

CiscoView 6.1.5

That is CiscoView. what version of Campus Manager do you have?

Here it is:

Campus Manager 4.0.6

You are most likely seeing a known bug where the topology map no longer updates even after Data Collection is run. The workaround is to reinitialize the ANI database, but the problem will only return. The solution is to upgrade to Campus Manager 4.0.12, then reinitialize the ANI database. The problem will then not return.

CM 4.0.12 is available via Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. If you have not already done so, you will need to upgrade to Common Services 3.0.6 as first. This can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cd-one-3des .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: