Views
Helpful
Replies

Processor in Router

hclisschennai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can anybody help me in knowing what command i have to use to identify the CPU/Processor my router is using?

Please help

R.B.Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

R.B.

In older routers, that information was clearly visible in show version. However, newer lines of routers do not display this information for competitive reasons.

With that said, CPU/Processor power isn't the only driving engine for fast throughput. Cisco incorporates dedicated ASICs in routers and switches which takes away the load from the CPU.

If you want to know how fast a router runs, I recommend checking the benchmark datasheets at this location:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/quickreference/index.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

If you mean CPU type, then :-

show version

(for just cpu output do show ver | inc CPU)

IF you mean CPU usage, then

sh processes cpu

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But using "show version" command i am not able to see the CPU that is been used(I donot want to know about usage).

Any clues?

R.B.Kumar

What model router are you using?

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

R.B.

In older routers, that information was clearly visible in show version. However, newer lines of routers do not display this information for competitive reasons.

With that said, CPU/Processor power isn't the only driving engine for fast throughput. Cisco incorporates dedicated ASICs in routers and switches which takes away the load from the CPU.

If you want to know how fast a router runs, I recommend checking the benchmark datasheets at this location:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/quickreference/index.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card