cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resource Selection Scenario

patrick.boyle
Level 1
Level 1

I have two skilled queues. Agents are assigned to their respective queues based on their training. I have a handful of agents in CSQ2 that are trained to take overflow calls from CSQ1. As I have it set up now, those cross-trained agents have the skill for CSQ1 (1) and CSQ2 (10). This works fine if CSQ2 is not queuing calls. CSQ1 has all of its agents off-hook, then the next incoming call will go to an available cross-trained agent in CSQ2.

However, when BOTH CSQs are queuing calls, and a cross-trained agent goes ready, the system will break the tie by delivering the longest call in queue between the two CSQs. CSQ1 being the busiest, what ends up happening is those cross-trained agents end up taking nothing but overflow calls, allowing CSQ2 to start queuing calls where it otherwise wouldn't.

If CSQ2 has calls in queue, we want those cross-trained agents to handle those calls before being allowed to receive an overflow call from CSQ1. How is this best accomplished?

This is UCCX 5.0(2) Enhanced.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might be able to achieve this by setting the priority for callers in CSQ2 to a value higher than CSQ1.

If that doesn't do it, you'll need to create a new CSQ (i.e. CSQ1_Overlow) and then have the script check the queue depth of CSQ2 before adding the contact into this additional CSQ. You can use the Get Reporting Statistic step to check this.

I've been down this route before. Using the set priority step in the script prior to the call entering the queue solved my problem when I had the same issue.

The other option is have a separate queue that agents are a member of. Then you can write into the script to see if an agent is ready in that overflow queue and if so send the call to them. However, this will skew your reporting some.

Hope this helps, please rate post.