cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I upload a wildcard certificate to unity connection

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have a wildcard certificate that I would like to upload to Unity Connection, but I haven't been able to do so. I would like to use the cert when accessing CPCA so I don't get the certificate warning that displays when using the self-signed certificate. The documentation I have found for certificate management is very vague. My certificate file is in the .pfx format with the private key. Thank you for any assistance.

Mark

4 Replies 4

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Most servers use plaintext certificate files. Use the OpenSSL utility to extract the private key from the .pfx file.

Thanks for your response. I did use OpenSSL to get the certificate in the right format, but when I try to upload it, it says the name does not match the certificate. unitycnx01.sample.com does not match *.sample.com.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark-

I haven't tried this; however, one thing that people tend to get turned around on with this process is that you need to upload the root CA certificate that signed yours into tomcat-trust first. You then need to reference that in your tomcat cert. Just in case you missed that step...

Thanks for the reply.

I do have the root installed as tomcat-trust. Before I had figured that out, I would get a different error. After uploading the root, I get the name mismatch error with the wildcard cert.

HTLou from Cisco has informed in a different thread that wildcard certs are not supported. I am going to submit a feature request for all the UC servers to support wildcard certs.

Thanks,

Mark