cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I upload a wildcard certificate to unity connection

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have a wildcard certificate that I would like to upload to Unity Connection, but I haven't been able to do so. I would like to use the cert when accessing CPCA so I don't get the certificate warning that displays when using the self-signed certificate. The documentation I have found for certificate management is very vague. My certificate file is in the .pfx format with the private key. Thank you for any assistance.

Mark

4 Replies 4

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Most servers use plaintext certificate files. Use the OpenSSL utility to extract the private key from the .pfx file.

Thanks for your response. I did use OpenSSL to get the certificate in the right format, but when I try to upload it, it says the name does not match the certificate. unitycnx01.sample.com does not match *.sample.com.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark-

I haven't tried this; however, one thing that people tend to get turned around on with this process is that you need to upload the root CA certificate that signed yours into tomcat-trust first. You then need to reference that in your tomcat cert. Just in case you missed that step...

Thanks for the reply.

I do have the root installed as tomcat-trust. Before I had figured that out, I would get a different error. After uploading the root, I get the name mismatch error with the wildcard cert.

HTLou from Cisco has informed in a different thread that wildcard certs are not supported. I am going to submit a feature request for all the UC servers to support wildcard certs.

Thanks,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: