cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Lobby Ambassador Accounts

sslittle
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to manage Guest accounts created by different WCS Lobby Ambassador user Accounts.

I have setup three Lobby Ambassador accounts in WCS. Three staff members have been given seperate usernames and passwords to WCS with Lobby Ambassador profiles to allow them to create and manage the Guest Wireless Accounts.

It was expected that they would be able to view and manange all Guest accounts, but they can only manage accounts they created. If I login as WCS admin I can then see all accounts created by each user.

We require that all three can view and manage each others accounts using their own WCS login. Is this possible as docs do not mention??

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Overall Guest accounts can only be viewed by the ADMIN account.

I have opened a TAC regarding this issue last year and they promised to fix it by FW 5.2.X.

What's your firmware?

I guess the only workaround is for everyone of your "lobby admin" to use only one account.

Thanks for your reply. I am running Wireless Control System Version 5.2.110.0.

Either a fix has been implemented or I do not know how to configure. I spent time looking and could not see anything in the docs or any configuration options to enable.Would be interesting if you can re-open the TAC case and ask for an update.

Due to the customer security policy it is not allowed for admin users to share a single WCS account. They need seperate accounts to manage ALL guest user accounts created.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stuart,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Leo;

CSCsw42942 Bug Details

SuperUser cannot see guest users created by admin users

Symptom:

If a WCS admin user creates a guest user through controller template, a Superuser will not be able to see the guest user created.

Conditions:

wcs 5.2.110

Workaround:

the root user can see everything

Further Problem Description: Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last 3 Days

Product

Cisco Wireless Control System

Technology

1st Found-In

5.2(110.0)

Fixed-In

5.2(122.0)

6.0(23.0)

Have a look at this good recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Security%20and%20Network%20Management&topicID=.ee6e8c0&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2cc01

And this good thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Security%20and%20Network%20Management&topicID=.ee6e8c0&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc3077f

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your advice. I read the info and appears there were a few issues but nothing that actually appears to solve my problem.

I have now upgraded to the latest version 5.2.130.0 and there is no change a WCS Lobby Ambasador can only view the Guest accounts they created and not any other Lobby Ambasador accounts.

The workaround to use Superuser accounts is not practical as reception staff are to create Guest accounts and would confuse them and they could cause real damage.

Not sure what to do now as cannot see how to resolve and it looks like it may be the way it is intended to work but still not sure??

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nuts! I forgot another work-around:

Try using the CLI command "show netusers summary", "sh netuser details ".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: