Helpful
Replies

IOS Upload

Ranga_Goud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks all in advance,

In XYZ site network there are multiple cisco 2950 switches, Unfortunatly I could not able to connect to the TFTP server from this switch, all other are succesfull. Is there any way that I copy the IOS image from other cisco 2950 switch flash to this switch.

FYI, I have intsalled the TFTP server on the machine where this switch can reachable and uploaded successfully.

My question is Can we copy the IOS image one switch flash to other switch flash(similar Model, Image and every thing)... :-)

Regards

Ranga

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ranga,

routers can act as tftp server with the command

tftp-server

I've checked command reference for 2950 last release and I didn't find it

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_22_ea11x/command/reference/cli3.html

So I think it is not supported.

However, I think you can use as TFTP server also a router placing the switch image on its flash and configuring it as ttfp-server for that file

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ranga,

routers can act as tftp server with the command

tftp-server

I've checked command reference for 2950 last release and I didn't find it

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_22_ea11x/command/reference/cli3.html

So I think it is not supported.

However, I think you can use as TFTP server also a router placing the switch image on its flash and configuring it as ttfp-server for that file

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've done this several times.

You have two choices:

1. If you are only copying one file, like the .bin file, I suggest using the "copy tftp:/// flash:"

2. If you are extracting the .TAR file, you can use "archive tar /x tftp:/// flash: "

Hope this helps.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've done this several times.

You have two choices:

1. If you are only copying one file, like the .bin file, I suggest using the "copy tftp:/// flash:"

2. If you are extracting the .TAR file, you can use "archive tar /x tftp:/// flash: "

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: