Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA block burn on CD

izavertaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

please tell me how to create policies to block the burning of data on CD?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

You could create a file access control rule denying file writes to the @removable location, which will include all removable drives (usb/firewire/flash and so on), i believe there is a more specifice @cdrom location as well, which is only the optical drives in a host.

Yeap, I created a rule, it works for USB, but it does not work for the block burning CD.

Hmm, what are you using for a burner program, maybe there are differences in how this works with native windows cd burner vs. nero and others.

I try use Win burning and Nero, but my policy doesn't work :(

may be the some default policy action is allow burn CD?

I doubt it, but you try to define exactly the application you are using and only deny that, should be more specific than any rule allowing it, just to test that.

marcus6150
Level 1
Level 1

I too have not been able to make this rule work. I believe it's the way Nero writes to a CD. It does not go through the OS, but rather directly writes to the CD, therefore, CSA does not see it and cannot block this activity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: