cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to use anyconnect via windows remote desktop?

thananchai747
Level 1
Level 1

on anyconnect-win-2.3.0254-k9.pkg

when i try to connect anyconnect vpn it show message

vpn establishment capability from a remote desktop is disable. A vpn connection will not be established.

what is command to enable this feature in asa8.0(4)

4 Replies 4

clausonna
Level 3
Level 3

You need to be using the latest AnyConnect client (2.3.0254), which now supports this functionality. You will also (if I recall correctly) need to enable Split tunneling on the ASA.

Check out the latest release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps8411/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

You should also upgrade to the interim 8.0.4(16) release if you still have problems.

Hello,

I too am seeing this behavior. I am using the latest client and ASA release.

Here are the details:

AnyConnect version: 2.3.0.254

ASA version: 8.0(4)

Error received:

Termination reason code 26:

Profile settings do not allow VPN initiation from a remote desktop.

I cannot find any settings in the profile on the ASA that would allow or disallow this behavior.

Please see the 2.3 release notes, table 1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect23/release/notes/anyconnect23rn.html#wp878382

The default is to allow local users only (LocalUsersOnly) -- but there is a setting to allow remote users as well (AllowRemoteUsers). PROBLEM: There is no information regarding how to enable the non-default settings.

Thanks,

-Matt

Hello

Same problem here. Somebody has a solution?

Thanks

A1an_St0kes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I am experiencing this problem too. I have created a remote access tunnel group and group policy using the VPN wizard, and have amended the associated profile for the group to allow remote users. However, my client advises me that their VPN connection fails because VPN from a remote desktop connection is still disabled. Could someone kindly advise if there is anything else I can check/do to get this working please? Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: