Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple IVR

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Before version 5 callmanager was running on windows and you could co-install a simple IVR. From version 5 and up you can not co-install the simple IVR (linux/windows)

Does CM 7 has a simple IVR build in? Most PBX's have a simple IVR build in, and it seems that CM 5,6,7 don't have this.

I want to upgrade a customer from 4.x to 7, but it seems that after the upgrade his IVR will be gone, unless he buys an extra MCS server.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

JH

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, it's correct.

CUCM is not an IVR (it's a call control agent), that's the reason you needed another app for this. and this remains the same in linux appliances all versions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the customer has Unity, they can build an IVR using call handlers.

If they have an H.323 or SIP gateway, they can use the Basic ACD TCL script on the gateway as well.

If neither of those options are viable, then they will need to order a separate MCS server and OS. You need to use the CCX Configuration and Ordering Tool to build the BoM for this as there are multiple part numbers: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/voicesw/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd80710427.html

Thank you both for your answers.

I have made IVR's on Unity, Unity express and IPCC, just wondering if CM will have something simple build in in the future.

Problem is that sometimes when you try to get a new customer, you lose points on this because other vendors have included this.

Anyway, thanks,

jan

UC Manager will not have this AFAIK. It is designed to be a call control agent, not an IVR.

There have been discussions about future versions of UCM BE including UCCX in the same virtualized manor that Unity Connections is; however, this is NOT committed last I heard. The customer would still have to pay more for this anyways.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: