cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quality Management - recording quality issue

epekou
Level 1
Level 1

I have a QM v2.6.1 installation integrated with CUCM 7.0 & CUCX 7.0. The QM application is configured for server based recording only, so nothing is installed in the client PC.

I have completed the configuration and the recordings are saved in the SQM\audio directory. The problem is that when I listen to these recordings, either with the QM desktop or with any media player after saving the file, the quality of the recording is very bad. Most of the times you can not even hear anything, only noise. This happens for both internal and external calls. The codec used for all calls is G711ulaw.

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should probably contact TAC and ask to open a support case with Calabrio as they are the OEM for QM and troubleshoot QM issues.

http://www.calabrio.com/support.asp

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

hari.kanan
Level 1
Level 1

HI

am facing the same issue as yours.

any luck on your end.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

In my case the issue was improper configuration of the monitoring session in the switched. I had configured the switch to monitor received and transmitted packets on each port including the trunk ports. This caused duplication of recorded packets resulting in bad voice quality. You have to configure the session to monitor only received packets on the access port and not monitor trunk ports.

Hope this helps.

thanks,

i have configured on the switch as

monitor session 1 source int gi 2/1

monitor session 1 destination r-span 5

the phone ports on the switch are monitored for both directions. should i only monitor the rx direction only.

I think you should try to monitor only rx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: