cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless across Wan in Local mode

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed 2 controllers at HO and have several remote offices in the area. We have high speed links to these offices and wireless is working wonderfully at this point. I would like however to be able to hand out different IP ranges to the different remote offices. Currently I have one ip range being used for all offices including HO.

Is there a way to do this? The only thing I see is to create interfaces for each office but then you must supply vlan info. when the network was built they did not trunk anything so I have no vlan info.

Any thoughts or should I just expand the ip range to 512 and leave it at that. I want to stay away from Hreap if I can.

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well if you plan on keeping the ap in local mode, then you will need to have the vlans terminated locally on the HQ side. You can create AP Groups to say that remote office 1 with ssid test be put on vlan x. If you want users not to come back all the time to HQ then look at H-REAP which you can have the users dumped off locally on the remote side. If these users need access to any centralized apllications or data, then they will route like any other traffic.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: