cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1131AG Down in WLC even if it is enabled

Kjetil Fleten
Level 1
Level 1

I have converted 2 standalone 1131AG to LWAPP. On the 4404 controller, both AP's says "Admin status=enabled" and "Oper status=down". How can that be ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the ratings. I'm using a number of 1250 AP's with Power Injectors and both Pre-Standard State and Power Injector Selection is not set but the radios are OK.

Oh well, you learn something new everyday!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware are you running?

c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.123-11JX1.tar

Wait a sec ... has the AP JOINED the WLC yet?

You'll get this when the AP is running the RCV IOS/before joining the controller. Once the AP joins the controller (and when you have a valid config), the Admin Status is Enabled and Oper Status will be "REG".

Yes, the AP's have joined the controller. The operational status under "Wireless-All APs" is REG. But still it says that "Operational status" is "down" under "Wireless-Access Points-Radios-802.11b/g/n". It seems though that it is the wireless interface wich is down. Both radio interfaces is enabled under "Admin status"

Found my answer in another thread. It is because of the settings in the WLC for the power injector state !

Posted by: garrsmith - Wireless Engineer, BT iNET - Nov 17, 2008, 11:15am PST

When you use power injectors it's worth setting the power settings on the controller. Set it to power injector state.

I have found that AP's will join the controller but their radios will not power unless you set this.

Thanks for the ratings. I'm using a number of 1250 AP's with Power Injectors and both Pre-Standard State and Power Injector Selection is not set but the radios are OK.

Oh well, you learn something new everyday!

Thank you, thank you. I found this post. I had 5 with a state of Down. I saw the power injector setting but didn't do anything with it until I saw your post. They immediately went to up as soon as I clicked the power injector state.

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: