CCMBE 7.0 Unity Call handler greetings- can only record 30 seconds.

Unanswered Question
rob.huffman Tue, 03/03/2009 - 07:35

Hi George,

This can be changed :) My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

If enabled, a warning tone will sound before the maximum greeting length is reached.

Hope this helps!

Rob

lindborg Tue, 03/03/2009 - 07:43

Whenever I hear "30 seconds" as a record limit the first thing to check is to make sure you have a full license loaded and active - the default demo license for all versions of Connection will limit recording of any wav file (messages, greetings) to 30 seconds.

lindborg Tue, 03/03/2009 - 08:23

well - you can't have all 3 active - one of those is a demo license that has 2 ports and a restricted voice recording time limit - so if it's active, that's you're issue. I believe only one license file can be actually active (many can be loaded).

joemccann Tue, 03/03/2009 - 09:06

Which one is the demo license? All 3 came from the licensing group. Our sales team had an issue early on with licensing and their Cisco contact kept sending a new file until all issues were resolved. I don't see where any of these are restricted to 2 ports. Tell me which one it is and I'll remove it.

joemccann Wed, 03/04/2009 - 12:07

Jeff,

Could you tell me which one of these licenses is causing this issue. I'm used to only needing a single license file, but for reasons outside of my control, I could not get the server configured without these licenses installed. I've sent a request to the licensing team, but if I can clear this up by removing one or two of the licenses, obviously that would be better.

lindborg Wed, 03/04/2009 - 13:12

I just downloaded all 3 to a seperate folder and looked at them local - I don't see one marked as demo, but I had thought I saw the tag for limiting the voice recording time in there (which appears in the demo license and I know there were some licenses that mistakenly had the tag in there) - I don't see it in any of them.

The recording limit would affect EVERYTHING, not just greetings - are you limited to 30 seconds on messages, too? If not you're barking up the wrong tree - if so then you'll want to open a TAC case to figure out your license files issue.

joemccann Wed, 03/04/2009 - 13:15

Yes. I'm limited to 30 seconds on everything including messages. Thanks for your response BTW.

Actions

This Discussion