cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMBE 7.0 Unity Call handler greetings- can only record 30 seconds.

stathopoulos1
Level 1
Level 1

Even though the CH COS is set for ninety seconds. Is this a known bug , or am I missing something?

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi George,

This can be changed :) My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

If enabled, a warning tone will sound before the maximum greeting length is reached.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Whenever I hear "30 seconds" as a record limit the first thing to check is to make sure you have a full license loaded and active - the default demo license for all versions of Connection will limit recording of any wav file (messages, greetings) to 30 seconds.

Thank you, Mr Lindborg for your reply. License verification will ensue.

Jeff,

Here are the licenses that we currently have installed. Do you see any issues with them?

well - you can't have all 3 active - one of those is a demo license that has 2 ports and a restricted voice recording time limit - so if it's active, that's you're issue. I believe only one license file can be actually active (many can be loaded).

Which one is the demo license? All 3 came from the licensing group. Our sales team had an issue early on with licensing and their Cisco contact kept sending a new file until all issues were resolved. I don't see where any of these are restricted to 2 ports. Tell me which one it is and I'll remove it.

Jeff,

Could you tell me which one of these licenses is causing this issue. I'm used to only needing a single license file, but for reasons outside of my control, I could not get the server configured without these licenses installed. I've sent a request to the licensing team, but if I can clear this up by removing one or two of the licenses, obviously that would be better.

I just downloaded all 3 to a seperate folder and looked at them local - I don't see one marked as demo, but I had thought I saw the tag for limiting the voice recording time in there (which appears in the demo license and I know there were some licenses that mistakenly had the tag in there) - I don't see it in any of them.

The recording limit would affect EVERYTHING, not just greetings - are you limited to 30 seconds on messages, too? If not you're barking up the wrong tree - if so then you'll want to open a TAC case to figure out your license files issue.

Yes. I'm limited to 30 seconds on everything including messages. Thanks for your response BTW.

Resolved - It was definitely a licensing issue. See attachment.

Thanks, Rob.

User COS is 90 secs, pushed it out to 999, same result. I think the subsequent post regarding licensing may be the issue here. We had issues getting the Unity license.

As always, thanks for your reply!

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: