cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP SW ?

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Has anyone used FILEZILLA as a server applicaiton for back from CUCM- we are limited by what has been packaged internally

9 Replies 9

julien.krieger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i didn't understand what you want to do but Cisco recommand to use freeftpd.

It is free and easy to use.

I am doing update with CUCM this way.

I am also doing backup this way

Hi, we use "Core FTP Server". Can do SFTP as well.

Do you have any idea of how long a backup of a cucm take?

Hi,

You can use titan ftp

It is very good to deal as sftp with cucm

We are limited to any application we can deploy on the network- unless it has been packaged then it is not allowed. I have used freeFTPd which i sgood and easy to use but it is not on the list only Filezilla Server is - has any one used it, does run all the time as a service - many thanks

Why you dont want to use freeFTPd.. We use it and its fine..Its even listed as recommended SW by Cisco

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/7_0_1/DRS_CUCMBE/drsag701.html#wp152441

M.

Anything else then FILEZILA is not allowed on any server, an application needs to be packaged, tested and they are not and so can not be used

Just to let you know

Filezlla is ok for upgrades as you can chose FTP but not for backup as CUCM uses SFTP only

Filezilla supports only FTP server

FreeFTPd supports both FTP and SFTP and so can be used for Upgrades and Backup`s

Does anyone have more news or share experince on a suitable back up application. It needs to be run as a service??? so that even if we log off the account it still runs

many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: