Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Translation Pattern

blittrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Ok this is what is happening, I have the CER server and I just added two blocks of DID lines to it the last 4 numbers are 8400-8599. In the Callmanager(6.1) I entered a translation pattern for 8(4-5)XX to direct the lines into the CER server.

The issue is this, I changed the outside line number to 8 after we kept getting 911 calls when 9 was the dialout number. Now when someone tries to dial a local number like 85920011 the translation pattern it picking that up and redirecting the call. I had thought Cisco would analyze the whole number for translations not just the first numbers coming in. When I run the call number analyzer it shows that it should go out fine and no translation is applied.

Anyone know what is happening here?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

blittrell
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I added the # after the last X, this seems to allow longer number to go through, whether it broke the translation pattern or not I am not sure yet.

Any ideas if it should work?

that is not a problem and nothing is broke, the system is working as designed.

a translation pattern has the urgent priority checkbox which mean that as soon as you dial 4 digits and the translation pattern is the best option it will take effect and no longer wait for any digits

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks for the response, the next question is how do I turn off the Urgent check box, it is showing as shaded out and I am logged in as the Admin user.

This translation is for 911 dialing into the system so it is not as reliant on fast connection as the 911 routes.

you cannot

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok, I got this one figured out, kind of a bone head solution, which is probably why I came up with it. I just put that translation pattern in it's own partition and made sure the gateway CSS could see it. That seems to have fixed the local calling and will 911 is less busy I can verify it works with 911.

Thanks for the help:)

Brett