Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.0 Question

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am thinking to upgrade to Unity Connection 7.0 from Unity 4.2.1.

My question is if I have an exchange server in the HQ and one in a remote office can I group people for either server? I assume I can have more than one exchange server.

Thanks,

Randall

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Randall -

Unity Connection uses its own message storage for voice messages, not Exchange. Your users can access Unity Connection messages from Outlook by creating an IMAP inbox, which is another mailbox folder from their Outlook inbox. IMAP must be enabled on the Exchange servers.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger,

So if I use Unity VM's go into the Outlook inbox, as they do right now.

If I use Unity Connection 7.0 VM's will go into a "subfolder" of the inbox that needs to be created, correct?

Would this folder need to be created on each Outlook client or would it be a exchange server configuration?

What if I have 1 exchange server in USA and one in Israel?

Thanks,

Randall

Hi -

The voice message storage resides on the Unity Connection disk drives. Your Exchange servers do not get involved in the process. The IMAP connection allows the user to view voice messages from Outlook, but leaves the messages on the UC server, unlike POP3 which downloads them to the client. It has to be configured on each Outlook client that wants to view voice messages. Here is a document that describes the setup requirements - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag175.html

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: