Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA941 - DST not working

ryan-glenn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SPA941 running with the latest firmware 5.1.8. DST is not working. Time is one hour behind. This was also a problem with the SPA-9x2 phones before and was corrected with a new firmware. Is there a fix for this?

Regards,

Ryan

23 Replies 23

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ryan;

No need for new firmware, just change the DST rule to:

start=3/2/7;end=11/1/7;save=1

Regards;
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

Daylight Saving Time Rule for my SPA941 is start=10/-1/7;end=3/-1/7;save=1

I'm in Australia so DST starts on Oct and ends March.

I even tried start=10/5/0/2;end=4/5/0/3;save=1 to specify the exact starting date and end date. Both parameters does not work as the time is still one hour behind. We have similar issues with DST before on SPA922, 942, and 962 and was corrected on the 5.2.8 firmware.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Can you send your phone's config to me at paborn at Cisco.com for analysis please?

Instructions are here: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2982

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

I attached the config of my SPA941.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

The bug that was fixed in the SPA9x2 phones was related to the fact that the southern hemisphere uses opposite start and end dates to the northern hemisphere.

The work around is to use a start date of March and an end date of October and then save=-1 [save equals minus 1]

The following should do the trick :

start=3/2/7;end=11/1/7;save=-1

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

I tried that one but it does not fix the DST. Time is still 1 hour behind.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

The setting of: start=3/2/7;end=11/1/7;save=-1 will  become effective on the 3rd month, after the 2nd, on a Sunday.

So on Sunday March 8th, the phone will be running the new time.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

I tried that setting "start=3/2/7;end=11/1/7;save=-1" and time is now showing 2 hours behind. It does not fix the problem.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

It feels like we're going in circles, I apologize.

I configured a SPA941 in my lab and loaded it with 5.1.8.

I configured the Primary NTP Server using the NTP server that you use in the configuration that you shared with me.

My time was off by 1 hour, we moved to DST yesterday.

I modified the DST to what Alberto originally suggested: start=3/2/7;end=11/1/7;save=1

This change made the SPA941 display the correct DST time.

I looked through your configuration and see that you use GMT+10, somewhere east Australia, I guess.

I changed my phone to GMT+10 and it says the time is tomorrow 3:19 AM.

I searched for the time in east Australia, it's currently 3:19 AM March 2009.

This makes me want to say that all is well with the NTP server, and the phone's configuration.

So, in order to better help you, please tell me:

1. What is the goal of your testing?

2. How exactly are you testing? [lots of detail is better]

I'll replicate your testing and help you reach a solution.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

On your previous post-

>The setting of: *start=3/2/7;end=11/1/7;save=-1* will  become effective on the 3rd month, after the 2nd, on a Sunday. So on Sunday March 8th, the phone will be running the new time.

This setting (save=-1) shows the time 2 hours behind. When I change the setting to (save=1), it's now displaying the correct time. This setting start=3/2/7;end=11/1/7;save=1 will only take effect on March and will End in November. Our DST here in Australia started last year Oct 2008 (not this March) and will end in March 2009 so this setting is not applicable to us. When I use the correct setting start=10/-1/7;end=3/-1/7;save=1 it does not work. It seems like the phone is not liking DST setting that starts on the current year and ends on the following year. What we want to achieve is for DST to work on our SPA941. We would like the SPA941 to display the correct DST on Oct of the current year to March of the following year like our SPA 9x2 phones.

Hope this clear things out.

Regards,

Ryan

igormrbean
Level 1
Level 1

Same here

SPA941 using firmware 5.1.8

We are in Eastern timezone (-5EST) New-York.

So the timezone is set to -5

Now, in summer, we need to set time to +1 (-4)

My phone stills shows -5

NTP is setup are working

Marc

Hi Marc,

Did you try any of the recommendations shown above? If they didn't work, please let us know.

Thank you,

Cisco Moderation Team

igormrbean
Level 1
Level 1

Of course I've tried all this before posting....

Hi Patrick,

I think i found a work around on the SPA941 DST.

The rule in Australia (Syd) should be start=10/-1/7;end=3/-1/7;save=1but this does not work.

I tried inverting it to start=3/-1/7;end=10/-1/7;save=-1 but need to set GMT+11 (one hour offset added, instead of what should be here GMT+10)

Regards,

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: