Views
Helpful
Replies

Automating Mobile Voice Access with Blackberry

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a customer with a number of mobile users with Blackberrys. He wants calls to and from the Blackberrys to be recorded for compliance reasons.

They have a CUCM 6.1 cluster and all users have an extension mobility profile for logging in to desk phones.

I can use Mobile Connect combined with trunk side recording to record inbound calls.

Outbound calls are more difficult. I can set up Mobile Voice Access or Enterprise Feature Access to dial via the CUCM but the customer would like to make the process transparent to his user community.

Would it be possible to configure the Blackberry to automatically pre-pend dialling the Mobile Voice Access number, entering the PIN and selecting the initiate call option?

Also could the Blackberry be configured to only be able to dial the Mobile Voice Access pilot and only accept calls from the CallManager cluster?

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

To answer my own question this functionality is provided in version 7.0 of Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator using a feature called dial-via-office.

The 7.0 version has not yet been released for the Blackberry.