cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC over VPN on ASA no VM

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

Have CIPC running okay over VPN through ASA 5510. The only issue at this time is when the messages button is pressed, the CIPC calls and connects to voicemail, but no audio is heard.

Knowing what digits to press to access mailbox and listen to messages, I do that on the CIPC and it does retrieve messages, just without sound.

I know it's probably simple, so what am I missing?

CCM 4.2(3)

CIPC 2.1.4

ASA 8.? (cant remember off top of head, and no access at moment. It is 8-something though)

4 Replies 4

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have the same issue with IP Communicator over VPN. If I call in to one of my Unity servers that has a SIP Trunk integration, all is fine. If I call into one doing a Skinny integration, I have no audio.

I can't believe no one else has had this problem and not either solved it or found out it's not possible.

Is your Unity server on a different subnet? Once CUCM hands the call to Unity ports, its Unity and IP phone talking directly. If Unity is not allowed through your ASA, it's probably why.

Unity and CCM are on the same subnet. I am able to ping Unity from the remote computer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: