cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PG2A not able to connect to controllers on both sides

K_require
Level 1
Level 1

We have side A and side B proggers in our test lab setup. In PG2A pgagent service, the following messages are displaying:

-----------------------------------------

01:00:00 pg2A-pgag Connection to Central Controller side B established (medium priority).

01:00:00 pg2A-pgag Connection to Central Controller side B failed (medium priority).

Last EMT Error [64]: The specified network name is no longer available.

01:00:01 pg2A-pgag Connection to Central Controller side A established (medium priority).

01:00:01 pg2A-pgag Connection to Central Controller side A failed (medium priority).

Last EMT Error [-519897068]: The connection has been closed by the remote process.

-----------------------------------------

PG2B is working fine.

What could be the reason of these errors on PG2A? how to resolve it?

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Just run icm\bin\ICMSetup.exe again and go over the settings carefully.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Did you point out something specific, or did you thought to go through the setup again in general ?

Rgds, Lg

lgajdosik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi gents,

Does anyone of you have a solution for this issue ?

We’re facing the same situation and I’ll be glad if you could help me.

Rgds, Lg

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

You'd really need to take a look at the overall picture here. We can't guess from this little bit of logs what goes wrong. But assuming you've not changed the configuration (Central Controller hostnames, Logical Controller IDs in the PG Explorer), I'm thinking that there's an issue with the private network on your PG2 machines.

What we're seeing here is that a connection to the central controller is established and then immediately dropped again. The most likely cause I can think of is that CC Agent is refusing this PG2A to register, because it believes this Logical Controller is already connected. Probably the pgagent on PG2B is already Active and connected to the Central Controller, therefor PG2A is rejected.

So in short, check the status of the MDSProc process on both sides of your PG pair and make sure the private network is up.

klambrec wrote:

You'd really need to take a look at the overall picture here. We can't guess from this little bit of logs what goes wrong.

Kris, that post was from

Mar 3, 2009

But we need to ask Lg what his problem is. What do his logs show?

If the private communication is over a routed network, you would need persistent static routes on both PGs to deal with the Windows restrictions of a single default gateway for the two NICs. Can you ping the other side of the private network using the hostnames OK? From both machines?

Regards,

Geoff

I ran into the same issue.  In my case it was due to an incorrect ICM System ID while setting up the PG.

We had the same problem. This was because of duplicate PG number ip "Peripheral Gateway Setup". (We created 2 PG with same ID).  Check correct PG numbering in whole system not only at one host. And recreate PGs with duplicate ID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: