cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting the "Solved"-flag on a thread

Kjetil Fleten
Level 1
Level 1

Sometimes it happens that I find a solution to my problem on my own. If I have started a thread on the issue, I post the solution. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to mark own replies as "Solved" ?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kjetil,

This is by design :)

We are not allowed to rate our own posts or mark them as resolved. If we did allow this it would somewhat dilute the validity of the "Rating System".

When you post your resolution,hopefully, many NetPros will rate you for your kind follow-up, but that's as good as it gets when you are the OP (Original Poster).

Cheers!

Rob

Keep on posting!

it would be nice to be able to delete a post.

I seem to submit duplicate posts all the time when this stupid apache error crops up all the time and then have to go back and insert the body.

it makes me cry.

When it happens, put your handle in the post. Else we don't even know who this plague is hitting.

I second the delete a post comment. It would be good to delete after you post it. You're able to edit it, why not allow the post to be deleted. Right now, I have to edit the post that I just posted, remove all of my text, and I put deleted in the comments. They *might* be deleted on the backend, but I'm not sure.

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links