Views
Helpful
Replies

Queueing to dinamic skill

castrillor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to queue a call to a skill group but in a dinamic way, using a variable. That is, when a call comes into IPCC, we dblookup callers profile and the profile is including the skill group to queue. So, in ICM nodes I have to use a variable in the queue node instead of a configured skill group but it is no possible using an expression (as it is in Route select Nodes and queue to agent).

Does anyone know how to do this.

We are using IPCC 7.2.

Thanks and best regards

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Not possible. Dynamic labels, queue to agent expressions, route selects - yes. Dynamic skill groups - no. You need a fixed skill group and a route.

The best you can do is have a set of "IF" nodes examining the result of the DB Lookup and branch to the appropriate skill group. This would not be too bad - how many skills are we talking about?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the answer. In fact it is about 300 skill groups :(.

Anyway I will try with queue to agent nodes.

Regards

300 skill groups? Holy moly.

If you are trying to simulate preferred agent routing using skill groups, then I could understand the high number, and guarantee you can do this with queue to agent in a far superior way.

You can look up the preferred agent ID in the DB and put that into the queue to agent node (indirect). Your script will have but a dozen nodes.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

You are almost right, I am trying to get queue functionality before sending the call to an extension (or a group of extensions) in Call Manager. So it is a "ficticious" queue just for announcments. I thought in the Queue to Agent but I need to consult from ICM scripts the information of the queue.

Anyway I think I have the key. I will use queue to agent node (indirect) and CallType information for getting the queue state.

Thanks for your help

Regards