Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express Voice-Mail AIM

mcheatle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

Scenario

When I receive a voice mail on unity I would like a script (externally written for me) to send a message to my mobile telling me I have a voice mail on the system, I know that if I look under my mail box there is a field that tell me how many old messages and how many new messages I have, I'm trying to find this field using cli, could somebody let me know where I find the number of new mails waiting using cli.

Regards

Martyn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, you do not need to do an incremental upgrade.

You can download the files for a fresh installation, including bootloader, for the release you want.

The license files can be downloaded too.

In any case you will likely have made a backup of configuration and custom prompts, etc.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you configure VM notification, and subscribe an email-to-SMS service, you should have this quite easily.

Thank for your reply, I appreciate it.

Because I'm monitoring my systems I would prefer it if my mobile rang, that way I do not sleep through a text alert.

Thanks

Martyn

Above you asked for SMS and I've replied to that. If you want to be called, just configure notification to Phone Device.

Sorry I did say message when it should of been call, which like you say did answer.

Thanks for you reply and I will take a look into this.

Martyn

Can you post a link to the solution please, I can not find anything on Cisco that is helping me.

Cisco Unity Express Version 2.1

Cisco Unity Express AIM-CUE

Thanks

Martyn

Guess this can not be done with AIM-CUE, is this correct?

Yes it can be done, but you need to update you SW, 2.1 is really too old.

Thanks again for the reply, so if I want to get to 3.1 I need to follow this upgrade path.

cue-vm-upgrade 2.1.3 2.2.2 prt1

Then

Cue-vm-en_GB-lang-pack.2.3.4.prt1

Then

Cue-vm_GB-upg-langpack.nm.234_3.0.1.prt1

I did look on the site but could not find my answer, also as its an upgrade I do not need to chance my license do I?

Thanks again

Hi, you do not need to do an incremental upgrade.

You can download the files for a fresh installation, including bootloader, for the release you want.

The license files can be downloaded too.

In any case you will likely have made a backup of configuration and custom prompts, etc.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: