Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express Voice-Mail AIM

mcheatle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

Scenario

When I receive a voice mail on unity I would like a script (externally written for me) to send a message to my mobile telling me I have a voice mail on the system, I know that if I look under my mail box there is a field that tell me how many old messages and how many new messages I have, I'm trying to find this field using cli, could somebody let me know where I find the number of new mails waiting using cli.

Regards

Martyn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, you do not need to do an incremental upgrade.

You can download the files for a fresh installation, including bootloader, for the release you want.

The license files can be downloaded too.

In any case you will likely have made a backup of configuration and custom prompts, etc.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you configure VM notification, and subscribe an email-to-SMS service, you should have this quite easily.

Thank for your reply, I appreciate it.

Because I'm monitoring my systems I would prefer it if my mobile rang, that way I do not sleep through a text alert.

Thanks

Martyn

Above you asked for SMS and I've replied to that. If you want to be called, just configure notification to Phone Device.

Sorry I did say message when it should of been call, which like you say did answer.

Thanks for you reply and I will take a look into this.

Martyn

Can you post a link to the solution please, I can not find anything on Cisco that is helping me.

Cisco Unity Express Version 2.1

Cisco Unity Express AIM-CUE

Thanks

Martyn

Guess this can not be done with AIM-CUE, is this correct?

Yes it can be done, but you need to update you SW, 2.1 is really too old.

Thanks again for the reply, so if I want to get to 3.1 I need to follow this upgrade path.

cue-vm-upgrade 2.1.3 2.2.2 prt1

Then

Cue-vm-en_GB-lang-pack.2.3.4.prt1

Then

Cue-vm_GB-upg-langpack.nm.234_3.0.1.prt1

I did look on the site but could not find my answer, also as its an upgrade I do not need to chance my license do I?

Thanks again

Hi, you do not need to do an incremental upgrade.

You can download the files for a fresh installation, including bootloader, for the release you want.

The license files can be downloaded too.

In any case you will likely have made a backup of configuration and custom prompts, etc.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.