Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call handling problem on UC520

Laszlo Zoltan
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to handle the incoming call from PSTN in following:

1. The incoming call from PSTN goes to AutoAttendant. (If you know the extension then please dial otherwise wait for the operator)

2. If it is not any dialed number during timeout then I would like the make some phone ringing.

3. If nobody answers the call then the call must go to VoiceMail.

I use “uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T.bin” IOS on UC520.

I could configure AutoAttendant for step 1, “voice hunt-group 1 parallel” for step 2, and VoiceMail for step 3.

The operator's extension number on AutoAttendant links to pilot number of “voice hunt-group 1 parallel”. The final number of “voice hunt-group 1 parallel” links to call-in number of VoiceMail.

I have the following problem:

1. When the incoming call arrives to VoiceMail then the VoiceMail asks “ID” from the caller. I do not want to press any ID by the caller. (It looks like the VoiceMail is not the state of recording the message but it wants to play the earlier messages. How can I tell the VoiceMail to record the message unconditional?

2. The message arrives into “General delivery mailbox” of VoiceMail because of “voice hunt-group”. No any phone shows the arrived message with MWI. How can I set the VoiceMail to send MWI to phones that are members of the group of “General delivery mailbox”?

Are there any opinion?

Thank in advance,

Laszlo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

for 1, I'm not quite sure, try setting hunt final to a dummy DN with CFA to VM.

for 2, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/CP_CIPExpress/cipce10.html#wp1010614

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

for 1, I'm not quite sure, try setting hunt final to a dummy DN with CFA to VM.

for 2, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/CP_CIPExpress/cipce10.html#wp1010614

Thank you for the help. It was useful.

For answer 1: I put second line to a phone (as the VoiceMail manager), and forwarded all calls from this line to VoiceMail. I routed unanswered calls by AutoAttendant to this line. The VoiceMail does not ask ID from the caller. It is fine.

For answer 2: “MWI for GDMs works exactly the same way as MWI for personal mailboxes.” It is useful for me. But at the solution written above (answer 1), I do not need to use GDM any more because a phone line sends the call to VoiceMail instead of by HuntGroup. I can see the waiting voice message on the phone at second line. It is fine to me.

Thanks,

Laszlo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: