Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS:Backplane Bandwidth Utilization

Hi,

Running LMS 3.1.

Can it possible to generate report of Switch's Backplane Bandwidth Utilization ?

If yes,pls let me know the procedure.

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using the Health and Utilization Monitor add-on to LMS, then this is possible. You will need to create a Template for the OID sysTraffic (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.1.8) (assuming your switch supports this). Then, define a poller to poll this template for instance 0 (or all instances).

Hi Joe,

Thanks for u r reply.

Yes we running HUM 1.1.

Please let me know the procedure to get the backplane utilization report.

One important query, in HUM running any job's (Polling or threshold) for all switches(including Core) for all instances will affect any harm to switches (like switch hang, reset or reboot).

Regards,

First, you need to verify that your device supports the sysTraffic object. Then, you need to load this list of MIBs into HUM by placing them under NMSROOT/hum/mibmanager/mibcompiler/mibs:

CISCO-SMI.my

CISCO-STACK-MIB.my

CISCO-VTP-MIB.my

ENTITY-MIB.my

FDDI-SMT73-MIB.my

IANAifType-MIB.my

IF-MIB.my

RFC-1212.my

RFC1155-SMI.my

RFC1213-MIB.my

RFC1271-MIB.my

SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.my

SNMPv2-CONF.my

SNMPv2-MIB.my

SNMPv2-SMI.my

SNMPv2-TC.my

TOKEN-RING-RMON-MIB.my

Then, go to HUM > Admin > System Preferences > Load MIB, and load the CISCO-STACK-MIB. Then, go to HUM > Poller > Template Management, and create a new template for sysTraffic from the CISCO-STACK-MIB.

Finally, define a new HUM poller to poll all instances of this template for the devices which support the object.

Hi Joe,

How to see that device supports sysTraffic object?

Currently we are running 6509 (Core) and 4506(Access) switches.

From where we can able to download MIB's?

Regards,

Perform an SNMP Walk from Device Center to these devices. Use a starting OID of "sysTraffic". If you get a response, the oobject is supported.

The MIBs can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2 and some from ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1 .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: