Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.0 JRM Service

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

What is JRM service and what is it use for? It seems like cisco.com doesn't have much info on it. My JRM service doesn't start aft I have restored the LMS using the latest backup data. Please advise. Thanks!

Regards

YS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, restart Windows.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mssnider
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure what JRM stands for, but it came up in a recent TAC SR of mine. I had to stop it in order to delete some hung Netconfig Jobs within RME. So, I assume it's got something to do with the RME Jobs...

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

JRM is the Job and Resource Manager. It is used to schedule and run jobs, and lock devices for exclusive access. If the jrm daemon is not starting, then nothing will really work in RME.

Post the output of the pdshow command and the jrm.log.

Hi Joe,

The pdshow result is here. Thanks!

Shutdown Daemon Manager, then post the output of netstat -a -n -o -b and the NMSROOT/lib/vbroker/gatekeeper.cfg file. Also, post screenshots of the services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

Here are the requested data.

Try rebooting the server. It appears the CORBA ORB has locked up. When the server comes back up, if jrm does not come back up, post the new pdshow output.

Hi Joe,

Rebooting the server means a restart from windows?

Regards,

YS

Yes, restart Windows.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: