Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA agent 5.2 not starting on Win XP.

ggalteroo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Though this had happened to me once before, I haven't encountered this problem again until now. The agent installs apparently ok, reboots the workstation but upon restart it's not shown by the OS at the system tray and cannot be either reinstalled nor uninstalled. During reinstalling attempts, a window pops up stating “Unknown error while executing start-up file” and when trying to uninstall, “Setup was unable to stop the CSA Agent service. Installation will be aborted” This is a custom kit. I know it's at least partially working because prevented an application to capture keystrokes. The PC is running Windows XP Professional, version 2002, Service Pack 2. According to the Release Notes, it matches the requirements. Do you have a suggestion?

Thank you

Guido

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

It is most likely that there is no Agent UI rule associated with the host.

In the absence of a UI rule, the host will not display the red flag in the system tray.

It will also not allow any agent modification via reinstall or add\remove programs because you cannot respond to any queries.

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

It is most likely that there is no Agent UI rule associated with the host.

In the absence of a UI rule, the host will not display the red flag in the system tray.

It will also not allow any agent modification via reinstall or add\remove programs because you cannot respond to any queries.

Tom

Thanks Tom for your answer. This rule is on it's default and it allows user interaction. I had to check it though because could've been easily the cause of my problem. I'm thinking more like a Windows problem because going back I remember that the installation that first presented this symptom was a kit already running fine on other systems. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tom

You were right. The rule was allowing user intervention but I failed to make it part of the kit I was installing. Thanks again.

Guido

Hey Guido, you are quite welcome.

Glad it worked.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: