cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.0 cluster licensing

APatotski
Level 1
Level 1

We have to build a CM 7.0 cluster based on MCS-7835-H2 servers consisting of the following components:

- One Publisher Server

- Four active Subscribers

- Two redundant Subscribers;

- Two TFTP Servers.

The total number of MCS-7835-H2 servers is 9.

How many node licenses (LIC-CM7.0-7835=) is required in this configuration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi ,

Just to add a touch to the great tips from David and Java (+5 points each guys!) I always thought the answer would be 7 but Chris corrected me in this recent thread and the answer in this instance is 9 Node Licenses will be required;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2ab2c/1#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I understand that you can only have 1 PUB and 8 Subscribers, it means a maximum of eight nodes can be used for call processing (running the Cisco

Unified Communications Manager service) and the Pub server running only the TFTP services.

So, you can have only 8 node licenses, for each call-processing CUCM server within the cluster.

Hope this help

David

Remember that there are 3 types of license:

There are three types of licenses.

- Software license is required for using CUCM 6 software.

- Device license units required for devices (phones).

- Node licenses required for each call-processing Cisco Unified

Communications Manager server within the cluster.

Best regards

David

i'm not sure, you would need to check with Licensing team but sometime ago this same question popped and the answer is that even if you don't run CCM you need to get it licensed, so a node license per server.

licensing or pre-sales team can get you the definitive answer

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi ,

Just to add a touch to the great tips from David and Java (+5 points each guys!) I always thought the answer would be 7 but Chris corrected me in this recent thread and the answer in this instance is 9 Node Licenses will be required;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2ab2c/1#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

that's the post i remembered! but i could not find it when i looked for it during the morning, good thing you seem to keep all the posts Rob =)

java

HTH

java

Hey Java,

The ones where we are way "off-base" stick to us like glue ;-)

Cheers buddy!

Rob

Hi,

Thank You for help.

Best Regards,

Aliaksandr.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: