Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Access for Helpdesk Users.

Hi,

Recently we ran out of subscriber licences and we robbed Peter to pay Paul. Basically we have 6 helpdesk agents and after we had 10 new joiners we took unity off the Helpdesk agents so we could give the new joiner voicemail. Now the helpdesk agents are saying that they don't have access to unity anymore.

Is there a way we can give their active directory account access to get that create/delete unity accounts and change passwords etc..

We are using Unity version 4.0(5.0)

Thanks for your time.

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to use the GrantUnityAccess tool located in the Unity Tools Depot under the Diagnostic Tools to associate their accounts with an admin account that is allowed to access SAweb. I just did this on my lab to test and it did not take up an additional license since it doesn't make them a subscriber. It just allows them permissions to access SAweb.

Tray

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to use the GrantUnityAccess tool located in the Unity Tools Depot under the Diagnostic Tools to associate their accounts with an admin account that is allowed to access SAweb. I just did this on my lab to test and it did not take up an additional license since it doesn't make them a subscriber. It just allows them permissions to access SAweb.

Tray

Thanks for that Tray, it worked a treat.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: