cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downside of using Non-FCC in US

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

We have 6 radios on order, and found out at the last moment that they are -N instead of -A radios. Can these still be used in the US? I know there are 8 less channels available in the 5.0 range, but other than that, I am unable to find anything else as to what is different. Cisco is the one who said these are for our area, but I am thinking that we are a long way from Mexico.

3 Replies 3

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

It's technically not legal to use devices that aren't FCC approved, even if they use the same frequencies. I would contact your Cisco rep and have them send -A radios overnight to you.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is a guess on my part. But you have to put the controller into a country code and wondering if the APs dont match that what will happen.

I would rma and get the correct one.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

Looks like a moot point, thankfully the distributer caught the error in the part number and changed the deviation to the correct part number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card