cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Save Bad Value Error - 3020 Concentrator

patterson.jerry
Level 1
Level 1

We have a production 3020 VPN Concentrator that started having an issue a couple of days ago. When we make a change, we receive a popup box saying Unable to Save Bad Value Error. We have restarted the concentrator once, and found that it did allow us to save once. Now we are back to the error. Since it's a production box supporting many tunnels, restarting is very disruptive, and we loose all of our changes. Any ideas on what would cause this error and how to fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Excellent! good to hear, be sure to rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

Can you check how many files do you have on your CVPN flash? See if you have many LOG files on your flash and try deleting them. If you do have tons of those files make sure your option "save log on wrap" is not enabled under events.

Thank you for your response! That was the one reference I could find on the web site, and did check that as well. I have the following:

12336 KB total

360 used

11976 free

and the following files

88695 config.bak

63148 config.tmp

88695 config

21057 crshdump.old

21374 crshdump.txt

12253 memory.txt

0 savelog.txt

You'll notice the descrepency between config.tmp and config. The time that config.tmp gets written is always the last time I try to save, and always ends in the same spot when viewed with a text viewer.

From what I can see, there's plenty of flash space, memory is good (about 20% utilized) and I can't find any hardware errors.

Image is version 4.7.2.0 and is one year old tomorrow.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This will sound odd, but give a shot to it, go to "Configuration | System | IP Routing | Default gateways" make sure the "tunnel default gateway" is not empty, if it is set it all to 0's 0.0.0.

Try again.

I have absolutely no idea how you would think of that, or figure that out, but it worked! Saved without issue. I can't thank you enough.

Excellent! good to hear, be sure to rate useful posts.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card