cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice mail retrieval, mwi for hunt pilot

marymaynard
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a hunt group where if no one is available, the called gets sent to the voice mailbox of the pilot number. I want to have it show on the customer's phone when a message has been left in that mailbox, but I'm stuck. Our vm system is Octel. Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Not sure if Octel has something like Alternate Extensions or MWI notification devices for Mailboxes/Subcribers

Supposedly it does have something to send a vm notification to a different vm box, but I have tried that and it is not working...?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

One way to do this with Octel is to use a Type-34 Transfer mailbox for the Hunt Pilot #.

Lets say your Hunt Pilot DN is 8777. You can setup a new "hidden" DN (with VM) on the users phone like 2600, create the Greeting that you want for the Hunt Group on 2600. For 8777 setup a Type-34 that is set to Transfer to the 2600 Mailbox. When a call is routed through the Hunt Group (8777) and hits the Octel it will receive the Greeting from 2600 and you will be able to see the visual notification on the user phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I will talk to the telecom guys and ask them to set this up for me today and I will test it out.

It worked! Issue resolved, sorry I rated the post and now the option to say that it's resolved has disappeared.

Thanks again, Rob

Hi Mary,

Good stuff my friend! Don't worry about the rating part, I'm just glad to know that this worked for you.

Cheers!

Rob