Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovery error

cisco2nurun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have define a new device as Cisco switch 12.2 (6513). The SSH authentication parameters is Ok (username, password and Enable password), I establish connection with Putty and all is correct. But, when i click on "Discover" i always receive this message:

spawn ssh -c 3des -l mars 10.115.64.2

mars@10.115.64.2's password:

150-EXCO0001>en

Your Local Password:

% Your Local Password: timeout expired!

% Error in authentication.

150-EXCO0001>Error in authentication

I have change the Enable password and i receive the same message.

P.S. The username is define in ACS 4.1 but Enable password is local.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try using a different software to connect to MARS (secureCRT etc.)

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

I use Putty only to check the authentication parameters and these parameters is OK. I receive this error message when MARS try to authenticate to the switch 6513.

Do you have a solution 6

Thanks

Michel

I think I misunderstood your original query. I thought you were having problems SSHing into the MARS box itself. It seems that you wan't to add a device in MARS (Switch) which is having a problem, please confirm. Have you tried Telnet, instead of SSH, just to rule out any SSH related issues (like missing key, incorrect cipher/client version etc).

Regards

Farrukh

Hi,

Yes, i want to add a device in MARS (Cisco 6513, Cisco Switch-IOS 12.2). I tried with Telnet but i receive the same error message:

spawn telnet 10.115.8.3

Trying 10.115.8.3...

Connected to 10.115.8.3 (10.115.8.3).

Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username: mars

Password:

475-EXCO0002>en

Your Local Password:

% Your Local Password: timeout expired!

% Error in authentication.

475-EXCO0002>Error in authentication

The Enable password is in local mode (into the switch) and the user/ user password is in ACS 4.1 database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: