TACACS problem

Unanswered Question
Mar 4th, 2009

Hi,

In Commom Services homepage, Under Security the Authentication mode TACACS is in redcolour. Can you please tell me why the TACACS is in RED colour. Is it coz of any problem? I have attached the screen shot also. Please have a look and provide the solution.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 03/05/2009 - 00:02

This indicates that there was a problem contacting the TACACS+ server on tcp/49 from the LMS server. When you login to LMS now, you will be using the local LMS authentication database instead of the TACACS+ server.

If you have confirmed that the TACACS+ server is up, and properly servicing AAA requests, have a look at this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd25257

akash03lingam Thu, 03/05/2009 - 03:37

Hi,

I have restarted the Daemon manager. But then also problem with TACACS is still persists. please suggest

Joe Clarke Thu, 03/05/2009 - 10:13

Then there must be a communication problem. Double-check your TACACS+ module configuration under Common Services > Server > Security > AAA Mode Setup. Make sure the TACACS+ secret key is correct with what your server has configured, and again, make sure tcp/49 is reachable from the LMS server to the TACACS+ server.

Actions

This Discussion