Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS problem

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In Commom Services homepage, Under Security the Authentication mode TACACS is in redcolour. Can you please tell me why the TACACS is in RED colour. Is it coz of any problem? I have attached the screen shot also. Please have a look and provide the solution.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This indicates that there was a problem contacting the TACACS+ server on tcp/49 from the LMS server. When you login to LMS now, you will be using the local LMS authentication database instead of the TACACS+ server.

If you have confirmed that the TACACS+ server is up, and properly servicing AAA requests, have a look at this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd25257

Hi,

I have restarted the Daemon manager. But then also problem with TACACS is still persists. please suggest

Then there must be a communication problem. Double-check your TACACS+ module configuration under Common Services > Server > Security > AAA Mode Setup. Make sure the TACACS+ secret key is correct with what your server has configured, and again, make sure tcp/49 is reachable from the LMS server to the TACACS+ server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: