cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A reload on the Pulisher causes all out going calls to fail.

DAVID ANDERSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem where if I reload the Call Manager publisher, this causes all out going calls to fail on the gateways. Incomming calls are fine. I am able to re-arrange the priority of the gateways and the fault shows up the other gateway too. So this elimates hardware from a gateway point of view.

The fault is seen by doing a debug isdn q931. In the debug, you see

channel 31 and Requested Circuit/Channel not Available constantly flagging up.

The fault is cleared by the circuit provider resetting each channel one by one on the bearers. This brings the service back into life again and out going calls are once again possible.

The version of Call Manager is 4.1(3)SR5D.

The gateways are MGCP controlled, are 2651XMs running 12.2(13)T1 code.

Has anyone seen this happen before.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

How many servers?

If no failover Server thats expected behavior even with MGCP.

Where the GW is registered to, whats the configuration in the GW itself (sh ccm-manager)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. There are 3 servers in total. 1 Publisher and 2 subscribers. I must update by saying that the publisher was rebooted on 4 separate occaisions last night and not once did we have a fail. Cisco Security Agent was updated to version 5.2.0.272 and the circuit provider installed powered balans as apposed to unpowered previously used.

We will just need to wait until the next reboot now to see if this occurs again.

Show ccm shows a primary registered and first backup and backup ready. No errors or fails.