Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Loadbalance on same interface

scott-goodwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am tryign to deploy a solution where by i have 5 servers sat behind the ACE in a routed fashion. There are static nats to these servers for management.

3 of the servers are standard web farm.

Now these 3 servers need to speak to a VIP setup on the ACE to loadblance the traffic between the remaining 2 servers for CMS. Is this possible with them all on the same vlan?? I have tried setting up a VIP server vlan side (no joy) Tried connecting to a vip on the Client side from the servers (no joy).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Config to follow

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to configure client nat when doing this. Otherwise the server response will directly go the client_server which will reject it because not coming from the vip.

Gilles.

Hi Giles,

The config is attached, as you can see I have incoming nats for management of the servers, hence I initially pointed the servers to a vip on the 250.x side of the ace, however this doesnot work.

As can be seen I also set up a vip on the 240.x side for the DIIOP service.. but this doesn't function either???

Thanks

Scott

How can i setn up client Nat, when i Am already natting for management purposes??

Scott

Hello,

You can try this:

-. Create the VIP in the server side.

-. Then Nat all traffic hitting that VIP. You can do that with the command "nat dynamic" inside of the Policy map.

Example:

policy-map multi-match L3L4_LOADB

class CLASS_MAP

loadbalance vip inservice

loadbalance policy L7_LOADB

loadbalance vip icmp-reply active

loadbalance vip advertise active

nat dynamic 1 vlan 118

!

interface vlan 118

bridge-group 118

no icmp-guard