cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

odd Unity error, muliple mailstores showing in Unity, but do not exists

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We added a new Unity server to our Exchange Org. Re-ran Permissions Wizards and Mailstore Wizard. It added in the new server fine, everything works. We notices when we add a new subscriber in, it appears in the drop down box, (2) Extra stores on the Exchange Server, we do not have.

For example, on server "Exchange"

"MailStore A-M"

"Mailstore N-Z"

These exists, but then there are (2) more:

"A-M"

"N-Z"

Cant figure out why Unity is showing this. To me, it seems like an error, but not sure how to fix it or it's a bug?

Cheers!

2 Replies 2

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's getting this information from Active Directory. If appropriate, you could clean up these records in AD (via adsiedit) then after Unity syncs with AD, these mailstores should no longer be available.

Since making changes via adsiedit is purely dependent on Microsoft tools and applications, I suggest you defer to Microsoft's guidance on how to maintain your AD records.

I hope this helps.

Actually, Unity was the issue. The customer created the new mailstores, then later changed the name of the mailstores, possibly within the replication time Im guess. Unity did not have a chance to clean itself up and left the old names in the SQL table. I talked with TAC and they went in manually and deleted the rows out.