cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity UM 5.0(1) can't import single user

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I have 881 other users running fine, I went to Subscriber > New > Import User and search on his Exchange alias, but it doesn't find the one user. I also search by First Name and Last Name, yet it doesn't find him. His Outlook and OWA work fine.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

use the bunny killer (remove subscriber properties) and check if he has unity properties, if so remove them and try again

if you don't have it download it from unity tools online

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I see the user in Bunny Killer (Remove Subscriber Properties) but he doesn't have any unity properties. (Right click remove you get "no subscriber selected to clean properties from".

I am having the same issue were you able to get a resolution? thanks

The only thing I can think of is that this user still exists either in the local Subscriber table, or the GlobalSubcriber table still for whatever reason. You can look into those tables by using Data Link Explorer from the Diagnostic Tools in the Tools Depot.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi -

It could be that the user has been hidden from the global address list - on the user properties in ADUC, check the Exchange Advanced tab. If the "Hide from Exchange address lists" field is checked, uncheck and save. Unity needs to be able to find the user using the global catalog. Once you have imported the user, if you still want hidden from the GAL, uncheck the box on the Profile page "Show subscriber in e-mail server address book".

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: