cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird "dead" calls from a 12 digit number

smattcmgr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, my CEO is repeatedly receiving calls/voicemails from a number which appears to be 905323101589. No message is left nor is anything audible heard on the line when he picks up, so it seems like something is mistakenly dialing him over and over.

We are using Call Manager 4.1(3)sr5b and do not have options for blocking calls from specific numbers, but I would like to find out if we have any other options here. We've tried calling the number (at least the first and last 10 digits of it) and nothing is in service. I am not sure how it is even possible for an incoming call to be reported as a 12-digit number?

Thanks for any advice or assistance that may be provided-

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you use H.323 or MGCP ?

In the USA if you have access to a PRI you can pretty much send out any number you want as CLI. Strange but true.

Sorry to sound ignorant but I am not sure on that. I basically inherited this Call Manager system and have been trying to get up to speed on how it is configured. Where could I find the details which would tell me whether we use H.323 or MGCP? Thx-

Both the router and CM configuration clearly show that, look for dia-peers, gateways, etc.

Recommend you seek support from a qualified partner else it could become very frustrating even to do the simplest things.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: