cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1252 antenna options

sohocisco
Level 1
Level 1

It seems from the discussions I see here, the 1252 WAP is designed for warehouse and open space indoor area. However, the only antenna option I see is a ceiling mounted one. Not exactly designed for an open space access point.

Can someone direct me to a 5 dbi or up antenna for the 1252 WAP that uses only the 2.4ghz radio running 802.11n?

5 Replies 5

Thks for the info. So how come Cisco doesn't sell a non-ceiling mounted antenna for this 1252 access point?

You can use any of the 2.4Ghz antennas that Cisco sells or 3rd pary. For warehouse I have used the "dynamite sticks" and had Sparco tech make a mount for my client. For indoor, Cisco, Terra Wave and Sparco makes single antennas with 6 antenna leads.

Here are some from Sparco that are for office environments. I have used them to custom make me mounts for the "dynamite sticks"

http://www.sparcotech.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&keywords=MIMO

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Soho,

I'm not sure what you are looking for in regards to a non-ceiling mounted antenna, perhaps something that isn't hanging out in plain site?

TerraWave makes a great dual-band antenna that is 'Above-Ceiling' It sits immediately above your ceiling tiles and even comes with a mounting bracket that hangs on the cross bars. It isnt unattractive because you cant even see it.

Check it out here:

http://www.terrawaveonline.com/Dynamic/itemdesc.asp?CartId=9477058ICEWJ-EVEREST-822&Cc=MIMO1C%5F4&ic=M6030030O32402A&tpc=

Yes, trying to avoid showing the cables if I can. It's ok. We finally got a way to mounting this 1252 AP and showing a bit of the antenna cables. Just wish if Cisco were to advertise their AP for indoor warehouse use, why only sell indoor ceiling mount office use antenna kit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card