cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925G and CallManager 6.1.(2)

brandon00
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7925G that I am trying to use with CallManager 6.1.2. But the phone gets stuck at the registering stage. Like it keeps looping. I've downloaded the latest device pack and installed it. Any Suggestions?

Not sure if this is related but when I set the phone up in CallManager and save it The picture for the phone in the phone list is not there. Just a red X with the title 7925.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brandon,

Can you have another look at the Install Notes to make sure evrything was followed properly;

Procedure

NOTE: Apply this patch to all of your Cisco Unified CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

****When applying this Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully. A clusterwide reboot IS NOT required when running to update existing firmware/support.

For Cisco Unified CallManager 6.1, you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 6.1.

Using your web browser, login to the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration web page

Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.

Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.

In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.

Check that you received a Success message.

7. Note: In order to change the loads manually, you do NOT need to reinstall this Device Package. The new files will be present in the TFTP folder. Go to CCMAdmin->Device->Device Settings->Device Defaults and manually change the name of the load file (for specific device(s)) to the new load and click UPDATE.

Note: If you are rebooting the cluster, the next step does not need to be done.

8. The Cisco TFTP service now must be stopped and restarted on the TFTP server, then reset the affected devices for them to upgrade to the new load.

From the ReadMe notes;

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/24559/cmterm-devicepack-6_1_2_1131-1_readme.html#_Toc185231876

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

When I check the Callmanager status on the phone it will go from active to not active back to active again the whole time it is looping trying to register.

I checked the phones trace log and found this error repeating

HERMIT user.err SCCP: no data[0]<0:8:0>

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brandon,

Can you have another look at the Install Notes to make sure evrything was followed properly;

Procedure

NOTE: Apply this patch to all of your Cisco Unified CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

****When applying this Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully. A clusterwide reboot IS NOT required when running to update existing firmware/support.

For Cisco Unified CallManager 6.1, you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 6.1.

Using your web browser, login to the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration web page

Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.

Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.

In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.

Check that you received a Success message.

7. Note: In order to change the loads manually, you do NOT need to reinstall this Device Package. The new files will be present in the TFTP folder. Go to CCMAdmin->Device->Device Settings->Device Defaults and manually change the name of the load file (for specific device(s)) to the new load and click UPDATE.

Note: If you are rebooting the cluster, the next step does not need to be done.

8. The Cisco TFTP service now must be stopped and restarted on the TFTP server, then reset the affected devices for them to upgrade to the new load.

From the ReadMe notes;

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/24559/cmterm-devicepack-6_1_2_1131-1_readme.html#_Toc185231876

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the response. Oddly enough I rebooted the appliance(CallManager) this morning and everything came up right. So everything is working now. When in doubt reboot.

Hi Brandon,

You are always welcome!

You probably are seeing this note from the previous link I sent;

Cheers!

Rob

Yep. That did the trick. Can I award you points? I see that on here from time to time but not sure how to do it.

Hi Brandon,

Well you can if you want :) But don't feel like you have to, we just like to know that you've been successful in your endeavours!

If you want to award points to any answer just use the Scrollbox called "Rate this Post" on the post involved.

Cheers! Enjoy the new 7925's, they are pretty great.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: