cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More Than 9 Alternate Extensions Possible on Unity 5.0

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Is there any way to go beyond 9 Alternate Extensions in Unity 5.0?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not designed to go past 10 - you might be able to continue adding via a direct DB edit but I'm willing to bet the back end DOH code and/or the admin/conversation code will be written to assume only 10 max.

What are you trying to do that you need more than 10 alternate extensions on a single user account?

We have an auto attendant setup in CCM where 5 users have 4 line appearances. So that's 20 different DIDs that could be sent to Unity. I was thinking of using a routing rule to do it or increasing the busy trigger for the first line appearance to 4 instead of 4 different lines. Just wanted to see if there was a hidden hack in Unity.

Thanks for the quick response!

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

In addition to a subscribers primary extension, an administrator can define an additional 9 alternate extensions in the SA.

If a subscribers COS allows, the subscriber can define an additional 5 more alternate extensions in the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (CPCA).

So this would give you the possibility of a total of 15 extensions per subscriber.

I don't suppose that there are allowed wildcards for Alternate Extensions are there?

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am not sure what your application or design is, but don't forget that Unity has an Extension Remapping Feature.

See unrelated post where I talk a little bit about Extension Remapping.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=Subscriptions&loc=.2cd254ac/4&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: