Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM question

aryanadonis
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have a question about setting up my NAM.

The document says that the device has to be on the same subnet as its parent interface. I don't understand.

What is the necessity and why it is required.

Any document to explain would be appriciated

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What NAM are you configuring, and in what device? What version of software is running on the device?

In the documentation that I have there is a note that states:

“On the NAM, the IP address must belong to the subnet of the parent interface for the Analysis-Module slot/0 (such as fa0/0). The NAM default gateway should be the parent interface IP.”

In my 3845 the config is

interface Integrated-Service-Engine1/0

ip address 10.30.59.9 255.255.255.240

no keepalive

In the NAM the config is 10.1.1.26 which is not on a network I am using.

I believe if patch in the NAM I will be able to get to it via HTTP but do I need to set the internal interface to the same subnet as the port that I want to monitor?

The NAM's IP must be in the same subnet as the Integrated-Service-Engine interface. So, you need to put the NAM's IP address in the 10.30.59.0/28 subnet. The NAM's default gateway should be 10.30.59.9. This is just for purposes of management. The other monitored interfaces do not have to be in the same subnet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: